PODCAST EPISODE № 60
You Teach People How to Treat You
by Anita Charlot
Listen to You Teach People How to Treat You:
Did you know that you teach people how to treat you?
This was a hard lesson for me to learn both personally and professionally. I once asked a mentally and emotionally abusive boyfriend why he treated me the way he did. His response was…
“Because you let me.”
Imagine the surprised look on my face, but he was right.
If I wanted the behavior to stop, I had to stand my ground and be willing to walk away.
While this lesson started as an eye-opening experience in personal relationships, it eventually became an integral part of my coaching practice for women, particularly Black women in corporate America.
See you on the inside…
What You Learn:
- The surprising moment that taught me a hard lesson
- My experience standing my ground in corporate America
- Some questions to ask yourself to help gain confidence, stand your ground, or walk away
- How to use your voice to stand up for yourself!
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to read Anita’s client testimony as mentioned in the episode
- Check out and follow Anita on LinkedIn
- Reach out to Anita on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with Anita
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!