PODCAST EPISODE № 57
To My White Friends and Colleagues
by Anita Charlot
Listen to To My White Friends and Colleagues:
I’ve always prided myself on being the Black woman that White people could come to to understand the Black culture.
Otherwise, how would you learn? The media? Television?
Spoiler alert, don’t believe everything you see and hear in the media.
In 2020, the senseless murders of my Black brothers and sisters were plastered all over the news, papers, and social media. I had to take time to process and nurture my own heart.
In other words, I had to put my mask on before helping others.
It wasn’t just me that was hurting, confused, and disheartened. My White friends and colleagues were hurting, confused, and disheartened as well.
Join me inside the episode as I share more about this painful experience and how it made me shift the focus of my business.
See you inside.
What You Learn:
- What I’ve been going through the past two years as a Black woman in America
- What allyship truly looks like and its importance
- Some definitions and examples of trauma in the workplace
- How I can help you go through your trauma journey or your allyship journey each step of the way
Featured on the Show:
- Check out and follow Anita on LinkedIn
- Reach out to Anita on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with Anita
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!