PODCAST EPISODE № 76
The Days of Trading Time and Talent for Exposure Only are Over!
by Anita Charlot
Listen to The Days of Trading Time and Talent for Exposure Only are Over!:
In 2022, my word for the year was “Visibility.” The goal was to show up authentically, share my gifts with as many people as possible to begin to heal Black and Brown women of corporate and relationship trauma.
In addition, since I have always been the “safe Black girl” that my White colleagues and friends come to ask questions about the Black community, I decided to turn this skill into several offerings. Listen, it takes a lot of energy to do this, so there is no reason why I should not be compensated for it.
Being more “visible” also meant that some companies, organizations, booking agents, and event planners would reach out, asking me to come and speak/present/facilitate for exposure only and pay my own travel and accommodation expenses.
As we say amongst my friends, “where ‘dey do dat at?”
Join me inside this week’s episode as I share with you how absurd this whole concept is to ask somebody to share their gifts and talents for free, and what I think you should do about it!
What You Learn:
- The absurdity of not being compensated for your time and talents
- What you should do if asked to give your time and work for exposure only
- When it’s appropriate to be a team player and when to stand up for what’s right
- The damage that these conditions will do to your mindset and confidence and how to break free!
Featured on the Show:
- Click here to listen to Episode 72 “That’s IT… I QUIT!!!” as mentioned in the episode
- Read Future Cain’s LinkedIn post on compensating on a low or no budget
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn that covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
As an Executive Coach for Women, Professional Speaker, Corporate Metaphysician™, Author of The 5 Phases of Dating – The Grown-Ass Woman’s Guide to Attracting and Maintaining Authentic Relationships, and the Creator of The Happy Executive Woman™…
Anita teaches women of color how to heal from past relationships and corporate trauma, increase their confidence and improve their leadership skills.
She is a board member of the Women Impact Network and Women In Technology, where she focuses on coordinating and creating professional development training for the members.
Anita also coaches White allies on how to ACTivate Your Privilege!™ and is hired to speak and train as The Corporate Metaphysician™ at organizations willing to begin reversing corporate America’s trauma by taking an honest look at their “unconscious DEI efforts,” all using practical and metaphysical concepts.
Recently featured in…
- ValientCEO Magazine!
- Speaker’s Magazine
For all coaching, media, or consulting inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact Anita at https://anitacharlot.com/contact.
To learn more about how to partner with Anita, go to https://anitacharlot.com/services.
To join the waiting list for the upcoming For My Black and Brown Sisters monthly membership community, go to bit.ly/formyblackandbrownsisters