PODCAST EPISODE № 86
Long-Lasting Transformation for Leaders Who Want to Be Allies Begins With and Thrives on Discomfort
by Anita Charlot
Click the ICON below to listen to Long-Lasting Transformation for Leaders Who Want to Be Allies Begins With and Thrives on Discomfort:
No matter what road you set out for transformation, whether mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual, it always “hurts” initially.
If your goal was to release unwanted pounds, the workouts, the changes in your diet, the juicing/smoothies, and intermittent fasting were uncomfortable initially. But, once you overcame the discomfort, it became easier to do, and you could begin to see the results. You hit plateaus along the way, but you pushed through to reach your desired goal.
The same is true when you embark upon the journey of being a leader whose Black and Brown employees see as an ally. In case you didn’t know, you do not get to call yourself an ally; Black and Brown people must see and “feel” you operating as one.
In the beginning, this is so hard to hear; I understand that. It’s like hearing your significant other, or your children tell you that your actions to show your love and care have hurt them instead.
You had great intentions; it made YOU feel good to do your part in the relationship, as a parent, to give them what you thought they needed or what you understood their request to be, only to end up being wrong.
Who would want to hear this?
Join me inside the episode as I share with you the importance of understanding why being comfortable in your discomfort is what is needed in order to be an ally.
What You Learn:
- The importance of being comfortable with discomfort, and how it’s needed in being a true ally
- Awareness is the first step in healing, and in this case, the first step to becoming an ally recognized by the people you set out to help
- Some sources to help you check out your unconscious bias and do better moving forward
- The fastest way to begin to identify whether or not you are presenting to your Black and Brown employees the way you want to
Featured on the Show:
- Check out 14 Unintentionally Racist Things White People Do, as referenced in the videos
- Take the Harvard University Implicit Bias Test, and start your journey today
- Follow this link to check out the coaching programs I offer and see what works best for you
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn which covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
As an Executive Coach for Women, Professional Speaker, Corporate Metaphysician™, Author of The 5 Phases of Dating – The Grown-Ass Woman’s Guide to Attracting and Maintaining Authentic Relationships, and the Creator of The Happy Executive Woman™…
Anita teaches women of color how to heal from past relationships and corporate trauma, increase their confidence and improve their leadership skills.
She is a board member of the Women Impact Network and Women In Technology, where she focuses on coordinating and creating professional development training for the members.
Anita also coaches White allies on how to ACTivate Your Privilege!™ and is hired to speak and train as The Corporate Metaphysician™ at organizations willing to begin reversing corporate America’s trauma by taking an honest look at their “unconscious DEI efforts,” all using practical and metaphysical concepts.
Recently featured in…
- ValientCEO Magazine!
- Speaker’s Magazine
For all coaching, media, or consulting inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact Anita at https://anitacharlot.com/contact.
To learn more about how to partner with Anita, go to https://anitacharlot.com/services.
To join the waiting list for the upcoming For My Black and Brown Sisters monthly membership community, go to bit.ly/formyblackandbrownsisters