PODCAST EPISODE № 113
Glass Ceilings & Stained Glass Windows: The Double Bind of Race and Gender in Corporate Hierarchies
by Anita Charlot
Click the ICON below to listen to Glass Ceilings & Stained Glass Windows: The Double Bind of Race and Gender in Corporate Hierarchies:
We’ve all heard of the glass ceiling, that invisible barrier that prevents women, especially women of color, from ascending the ranks and professional environments.
Despite our qualifications, talents, and contributions, we often need help to break through the top echelons of leadership.
Well, have you heard of the stained glass window? Continue listening to this episode to learn more.
See you inside…
What You Learn:
- The landscape of corporate America is fraught with challenges for many, but for Black and Brown women, it’s marked by glass ceilings and stained glass windows
- There’s a confluence of racial and gender biases that intersect, amplifying the challenges we face as Black and Brown women in the workplace
- The impact of these barriers isn’t just professional; it’s deeply personal
- It’s time to bring transformative change to your organizations by investing in training, reassessing your corporate culture, and making conscious efforts to uplift the voices and careers of Black and Brown women
Featured on the Show:
- Sign up for the Embracing a ‘Soft Life’ in Corporate America Masterclass HERE!
- Follow this link to check out the coaching programs I offer and see what works best for you
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn which covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
Meet Anita Charlot – your conscious leadership consultant, trainer, and all-around advisor for conscious businesses. Anita digs deep into the big “why’s” of your business, walking you through how your purpose, values, and social impact can go hand in hand with your bottom line.
She’s all about helping leaders like you make sense of your place in the world, using real-world strategies, metaphysical insights, and philosophical principles to navigate decisions that sync up your business actions with what matters most for your Black and Brown employees.
Anita is passionate about guiding leaders through the ins and outs of allyship – from what it means to be an ally to the different levels of it. She creates a “no judgment” zone for you to ask all those “uncomfortable questions” and helps you create a supportive environment that forms a “glass bridge” instead of a “glass cliff” for Black and Brown women in leadership roles.
Anita is also the go-to person for Powerful Women of Color who’ve dealt with corporate trauma and are looking to bounce back and thrive, no matter where they work.
If you’re a member of the C-Suite or an up-and-coming leader who wants to take the first step towards a more conscious and inclusive leadership style, click to book time on Anita’s calendar: www.calendly.com/coachanitacharlot
If you’re a Black or Brown woman ready to heal from corporate trauma and empower yourself professionally, contact Anita: https://anitacharlot.com/contact
For media, speaking gigs, and more, head over to: www.calendly.com/coachanitacharlot
Are you ready? Reach out to Anita Charlot today.
Let’s make a positive change together.