PODCAST EPISODE № 73
DEI Programs, Trainings, and Initiatives Can (and will) Re-traumatize You
by Anita Charlot
Listen to DEI Programs, Trainings, and Initiatives Can (and will) Re-traumatize You:
After the George Floyd murder, ALL fortune 100 companies and many other companies and organizations in the US committed to creating or revamping their DEI programs. They poured millions of dollars into creating teams, hiring consulting companies, Black and Brown leaders and team members, CHROs, CDOs, you name it.
According to the Salary.com survey, 49% of HR respondents said they have a leader in place specifically for DEI initiatives, compared to 43% last year. So, I guess that’s good… we’ve gone up 6%.
- Made public statements promising to hire more diverse talent from outside and by promoting from within.
- Updated mission statements, websites, and marketing collateral.
- Vowed to do diversity training and focus on DEI efforts.
- Paraded their new black DEI hires all over LinkedIn and other business platforms and communications.
To be blunt, they did THE MOST!
The term DEI was plastered all over the place, and still is in some arenas.
So how can this be wrong?
Well, I need you to keep listening to find out!
See you inside…
What You Learn:
- How DEI programs can be re-traumatizing for Black and Brown people, and how to break that cycle
- Some problems that have come up because of unprocessed work trauma
- How to stop playing small and step into your genius this year
- My mission to help you step into your power and heal from corporate trauma
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to Episode 33, Did You Have An Out of Body Experience At The Office? as referenced in this episode
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn that covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
As an Executive Coach for Women, Professional Speaker, Corporate Metaphysician™, Author of The 5 Phases of Dating – The Grown-Ass Woman’s Guide to Attracting and Maintaining Authentic Relationships, and the Creator of The Happy Executive Woman™…
Anita teaches women of color how to heal from past relationships and corporate trauma, increase their confidence and improve their leadership skills.
She is a board member of the Women Impact Network and Women In Technology, where she focuses on coordinating and creating professional development training for the members.
Anita also coaches White allies on how to ACTivate Your Privilege!™ and is hired to speak and train as The Corporate Metaphysician™ at organizations willing to begin reversing corporate America’s trauma by taking an honest look at their “unconscious DEI efforts,” all using practical and metaphysical concepts.
Recently featured in…
- ValientCEO Magazine!
- Speaker’s Magazine
For all coaching, media, or consulting inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact Anita at https://anitacharlot.com/contact.
To learn more about how to partner with Anita, go to https://anitacharlot.com/services.
To join the waiting list for the upcoming For My Black and Brown Sisters monthly membership community, go to bit.ly/formyblackandbrownsisters