PODCAST EPISODE № 66
A White Person CAN Lead DEI Efforts
by Anita Charlot
Listen to A White Person CAN Lead DEI Efforts:
I’m going to let you in on a little secret…
Most of my Black and Brown sisters and brothers don’t believe in or trust the DEI efforts that companies spend so much time and resources on.
To be fair, it is truly a slippery slope operating in the corporate arena while attempting to address mental, emotional, and financial trauma that has resulted from companies and corporations for centuries.
Companies are not currently equipped to handle this level of responsibility, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t something that they can do.
With DEI training companies popping up all over the place, owned and operated by people of color, you still have to know what questions to ask, what problem you’re trying to solve, how you will present this level of training to your employees, and what the follow up will be.
See you inside the episode…
What You Learn:
- The current state of DEI programs and their shortcomings
- How the purpose for any company training should absolutely not be “to check a box”
- The healthy and possible way to lead a DEI program if you’re White
- What it takes to be a successful and conscious leader!
Featured on the Show:
- Listen to Episode 57, “To My White Friends and Colleagues” as mentioned in this episode.
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Check out and follow Anita on LinkedIn
- Reach out to Anita on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with Anita
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!